Join the Team at Carroll County Solid Waste!
Current Employment Opportunities – Downloads Below:
Download -> Application
Job Description for Paper Sorter Position
IPERS, vacation, paid holidays, and insurance.
Sort paper and containers on a moving conveyor line:
- Team player.
- Be able to stand by a moving conveyor line for 8 hours and sort paper and containers into the correct bins.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Will be expected to clean in the office and in the plant.
- Will pick up litter outside the facility as needed.
- Will do additional duties as deemed necessary.
- Hours are M-F 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Physical and drug testing prior to starting date.
- Climate controlled sorting areas.
- Cold and hot in the main plant.
- Dirty at times
- Starting pay – $15 per hour
- Health insurance/Sick leave
- Paid holidays
- IPERS (Iowa Public Employees’ Retirement System)
Application and job description are also available at the Recycling Center office between the hours of 7:30 -4:00 Monday – Friday.
Submit cover letter and application to the Recycling Center office.
Carroll County Solid Waste
19111 Kittyhawk Avenue
Carroll, IA 51401